A new product of the Cisco Works family for wireless networks.
Cisco Systems has released a new component of the Cisco Works family - Cisco Works Wireless LAN Solution Engine. Cisco WLSE version 1.0 is designed to help administrators with the day-to-day tasks of managing medium and large wireless networks.
From one point, the administrator can configure a large number of wireless bridges and access points, detect errors in security settings, monitor the LEAP servers of the network. Advanced monitoring tools help to detect the busiest network segments and access points. Automatic reporting tools allow you to create lists of users linked to individual access points. All this together reveals performance problems in wireless networks before they reach critical values.
Currently, WLSE supports the following network devices:
- Cisco Aironet 1200, 350 and 340 Access Points
- Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless Bridges
- Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Wireless Bridges
- Cisco Catalyst Switches 6000, 5000, 5500, 4000, 3550, 3500 XL, 2948G-L3, 2950, 2900 XL, 1900
- Cisco 2600 and 3640 routers
- LEAP Servers: Cisco Access Control Server (ACS) and Cisco Access Registrar
Cisco Works Wireless LAN Solution Engine v. 1.0 is already available to order. WLSE is delivered on the Cisco 1105 hardware platform and does not require a separate server.
The cost of the product according to the Global Price List is $15,995.