Race is starting a program to replace the Cisco Catalyst 4000.
Race Communications is launching a program to replace previously delivered Cisco Catalyst 4000 family switches with new Catalyst 4500 series models.
The replacement program covers all components of the Catalyst 4000 switches chassis, power supplies, accessories, line cards and supervisors. In some cases, line cards and supervisors from the Catalyst 4000 switches can be transferred to new models of the Catalyst 4500 family without a replacement procedure.
The new Catalyst 4500 family provides a number of advantages over the Catalyst 4000
- Hot redundancy of the supervisor module
- Power redundancy according to the 1+1 scheme
- Integrated Inline Power Support
- The chassis can have 3, 6, 7 or 10 expansion slots
- Up to 384 10/100 or 10/100/1000 ports with Inline Power support
- Support for WAN connections at speeds up to 2 MB
During the program period, when replacing a previously purchased Catalyst 4000 switch, an additional discount of up to 50% of the cost of the replaced model may be provided.
Description of Cisco Catalyst 4500Description of Cisco Catalyst 4000